.

Friday, February 22, 2019

Cause and Effects of Teenage Drinking and Drug Use Essay

As a former offender of puerile substance handle and driving while under the influence, I tell apart full salutary how hard this topic hits home and my wallet. I have tried close to everything except needles I drew the line in that location. The biggest factor that I confront as a pre/ teen at home, middle, Jr. high, high check was colleague pressure. During these years, it was like riding a rollercoaster with my drinking, drugging, and emotional problems it equaled one messed up kid. I was placed in rehab five times, until my last close betoken. I went to a party in 1988 with a few friends, with the intentions of getting drunkard and high. I got into a truck and crashed it, and was in the hospital for two weeks. This is when I told myself, enough is enough and I checked into a rehab. I was thither almost six and a half months controling meetings and addressing other problems that I was having. One of my assignments while in rehab was a reflection paper The dissolve sum mer night, from hellAugust 10, 1988I left my house to, party with friends After stopping to pick up a few cases of beer and third bottles of Jack, we rolled up to a bonfire The grand fire lit up the pine trees all nearly me With a beer in hand, I took a few hits of a joint that mortal past around With the loud music in the back ground, the embers from the fire seemed to dance in the cool dark sky Look at the bats take flight through the fluttering lights of the fire A girl that I go to school with, walked over to me and told me to open my m let onh She put a oral contraceptive pill in then told me to swallow it and said Have a sober time I started to sweat and tone dizzy so I sat downwardly on a log that was behind me Daphne walked over and kissed me, and asked How argon you doing Look at the fireflies, f untruth all around completely I could hear was Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh and voices started slurring around me The music became apprehend Colors started leaking out of the dark The trees around me, started bleeding green The mosquitoes with their huge fangs, were submiting to bite me I heard a heavy throb noise through m head, telling me to runRain locomote on me I step in puddles of blue, black, green, red, and purple People are coming to get me Lights all around Im lying on the ground Something is in my eyes, its wet I feel like Im floating Someone, screams aloud I try to put my hand up to my head, but I shtupt A clap of thunder rips out of the silent darkness, and screams ring out once again I manage to roll to my side and degenerate up I tush hear someone from the darkness call my name BobbyBobby All I can smell is, hot anele and gas I open my eyes and see nothing at all I feel wet and cold but my strip down burns so bad Whats this light shining on me I can see someone talking but, I cant meet what they are differentiateing What the fuck, was that I panicked as their, eyes fall out I opened my eyes and dictum my dad standing near, yelli ng at me I tried to say something but, nothing came out My throat hurts I tried to pull out but, I could not wherefore are my arms and legs tied down My eyes are so heavy I wake up in an unfamiliar room Meetings and groups all the time I can remember that melting summers night from hell, and getting one last chance. accustomed my past experiences with alcohol and drugs Ive come up with six questions for someone in a similar situation I. Who, is affected by teenage drinking and drug use? In 1988. I did not foreboding who I affected as enormous as I had my alcohol. To sidereal day, I have it away that my actions affected everyone around me and attemptd undue pain. II. What are the hidden dangers and unseen costs that teens hardihood while drinking and using illegal drugs? Teens arrogatet realize the consequences of their actions. Hidden dangers, alcohol and drugs can take a toll on the body from killing brain cells to liver or kidney failure. The unseen costs come from many d ifferent sources like death, DUIs and legal fees, and your freedom. rummy Driving In 2011, 9,878 people were killed and approximately 350,000 were injured. severally crash, each death, each injury impacts not only the person in the crash, but family, friends, classmates, coworkers and more(prenominal). Even those who have not been directly touched care pay the $132 billion yearly price tag of drunk driving. unless together we can eliminate drunk driving (Mothers Against Drunk Driving, 2012). (Mothers Against Drunk Driving, 2012). III. When, should teens seek an intervention? To tell you the truth, teens never seek out interventions.Its usually too late, and something has already happened to them, and lets just face it the truth hurts. IV. Where, can they turn to receive help? When they hit carry ass and think no one cares, this is the time to let them k immediately people do go forthing to help no matter how long it takes. (Alcoholics Anonymous, 2013), Palmer Drug Abuse Prog ram (PDAP) San Antonio or a similar programs. Why PDAP? Simply put, PDAP works 89% of our chemically-dependent participants who rebriny active in PDAP for 90 days achieve at least 30 days of abstemiousness We understand that relapse is a part of the recovery process. Our environment of dear and understanding does not ostracize those who relapse, but rather encourages them to get estimable with their use and become accountable not only to themselves and their family, but too to the group of their recovering peers. Those that stay active in PDAPwork the steps, attend meetings, come to activities and stay honestcan and do stay sober. (PDAP, 2011,)V. Why, is it all important(predicate) to get clean? Most kids that abuse alcohol and drugs dont realize the importance to be clean. It affects all aspects of their life like Their health, education, legal-standing, and coming(prenominal) employment. Why Should You Care? Growing up is risky business. Thats why, as a parent, youre always working to keep your child caoutchouc from danger. From their initiative baby steps to the first car keys, you are there for themteaching life skills and setting limits so your son or lady friend will succeed and thrive. Parenting gets more challenging when kids reach adolescence. Teens naturally press their limits, test boundaries, and make choices that baffle and worry parents. They begin to look more mature and grown-up, so its easy to be fooled into thinking that they will behave like adults.But they dont, especially when it comes to alcohol. Of all the dangers your teen faces, underage drinking is among the worst. Whether teens are experimenting with beer, wine, or other liquor, alcohol presents a seriousand potentially deadlythreat. Compared with non-drinking classmates, teens who drink are more in all probability to hand in a car crash Motor fomite crashes while driving under the influence of alcohol is the leading cause of death in youths ranging from 15 to 20 according to the National passage Traffic Safety Administration. On average, eight teenagers die each day due to alcohol-related motor vehicle crashes.Read more How Many Teenagers Die From Drugs & Alcohol? eHow.com http//www.ehow.com/facts_5661242_many-teenagers-die-drugs-alcohol_.htmlixzz2KmbQbrd8, (Robinson, 1988).(Bempechat, Janine And Others, 1989-00-00) (Mothers Against Drunk Driving, 2012) How, can a teen take the first steps to admit they have a problem? First, we must understand the interworking of a teen. They think that no one cares or understands them, well their wrong. in that respect has been a whole industry created towards the study that encompasses teenagers v. alcohol/drug abuse. The main thing that parents need to know is, always keep a converse channel open and eventually they will come to you and talk close to their problems. Palmer Drug Abuse Program (PDAP) has posted videos on YouTube, and is very informative. clotureI was a former offender of substance abuse and recollect me I had my fair share of education/legal problems. I know full well how much of an impact that this problem had on my family and friends. I have tried almost everything under the sun. My friends at school were my biggest screw that I faced every day, as a pre/teen was peer pressures. I drew the line after hitting rock bottom and ran away this is when I first asked for helped and got the treatment I needed. It has taken years to regain control of my life, after one felled marriage I now have a great understanding wife and two fine-looking sons.ReferencesBempechat, Janine And Others. (1989-00-00). Teenage Pregnancy and Drug Abuse Sources of Problem Behaviors. ERIC/CUE offer No. 58. Retrieved from http//www.ericdigests.org/pre-9214/drug.htm MADD. (2012). Retrieved from http//www.madd.org/Palmer Drug Abuse Program. (2011). Retrieved from http//www.pdap.com/sahome.htm Underage Driving. (2012). Retrieved from http//www.madd.org/statistics/ Welcome to Alcoholics Anonymous,. (2013). Retrieved from http//www.aa.org/?Media=PlayFlash

No comments:

Post a Comment